Few situations are as frightening or frustrating for a property owner as flooding. Whether a home falls victim to a burst pipe, clogged drain, or flash flood, the effects could be catastrophic. Carpeting can get waterlogged, electrical systems may short-circuit, and walls could become soaked. When any of these situations arise, expert water damage restoration is needed in a hurry.
No matter how devastating a flood may appear, there is no reason to fear when reaching out to our team at First Restoration America. Our specialists are capable of handling any level of damage with our dependable water damage restoration services in Charlotte.
Why You Need Professional Water Damage Cleanup
When professional contractors are hired to handle flood damage restoration, nothing will be left to chance. Our experienced technicians can assess the situation. Then, we will develop a comprehensive and customized response plan to address all issues with a home. Without the expertise of restoration specialists, an incomplete cleanup could lead to more serious trouble. Homeowners can feel assured that their property will be safe from mold growth or loss of structural integrity down the road.
Protect Your Home from Water Damage
Water damage can cause significant destruction to your home and belongings. By taking preventive measures, you can minimize the risk of water damage and save yourself from costly repairs. Here are some tips to help you protect your home:
- Clean and maintain gutters and downspouts: Clear debris from your gutters and ensure that downspouts are directing water away from your home's foundation. This will prevent water from pooling and causing damage.
- Install a sump pump: A sump pump can help prevent water damage by removing excess water from your basement or crawl space. Make sure it is properly maintained and in working condition.
- Seal windows and doors: Check for any gaps or cracks around windows and doors and seal them properly. This will prevent water from entering your home during heavy rain or storms.
- Monitor your water bill: A sudden increase in your water bill could indicate a leak. Regularly check for any signs of water leaks, such as damp spots, mold, or musty odors, and address them immediately.
- Install a water leak detection system: These systems can detect leaks and alert you before they cause significant damage. Consider installing one in areas prone to water leaks, such as basements, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Keep your plumbing well-maintained: Inspect your plumbing regularly for any leaks or signs of damage. Replace old or worn-out pipes and fixtures to prevent water damage.
- Be mindful of landscaping: Ensure that the grading around your home slopes away from the foundation. This will help divert water away from your home and prevent it from seeping into the basement or crawl space.
- Know the location of your main water shut-off valve: In case of a water emergency, knowing how to quickly shut off the main water supply can help minimize damage.
By following these preventive measures, you can reduce the risk of water damage and protect your home. However, if you do experience water damage, it is crucial to seek professional water damage restoration services promptly to prevent further damage and mold growth.
“I am so glad I contacted First Restoration America. They were extremely professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy. They came out and did a thorough assessment right away. Highly recommend them and will be calling them again if ever needed.”William T.
Cleaning up and restoring a home after a water damage event is no small task. The specific process will depend on the nature and extent of the damage. Following an assessment, our restoration specialists develop a plan of action that addresses the precise needs of the property.
Our team of experts will perform tasks such as:
- Inspection and assessment
- Cleaning and organizing of all content
- Complete structural drying
- Removal of at-risk items to reduce consequential loss
- Water removal and extraction
- Anti-microbial application
- Setup of a controlled drying system
- Regular monitoring and review of drying
- Mold, odor, and corrosion control
- Identification of damp areas
- Target drying where appropriate
- Provision of drying charts and certification
- Hauling away of debris
- Carpet cleaning or carpet extraction and replacement
- Hardwood floor drying
- Wall and cabinet drying
Contact Our IICRC- Certified Flood Damage Cleanup Team Today!
Flooding, sewer backups, plumbing leaks, and storm damage are not situations that you can afford to wait on. Because these are often emergency situations that threaten the structure of your home and potentially even your health, it's important to call in a restoration team as soon as possible. Our team treats water disasters with urgency and is always available to promptly respond to service calls. If you need emergency structural drying and water mitigation in Charlotte or anywhere else in our wide service area, including Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, or Columbia SC, don't hesitate to contact us today!
Matthews, NC 28105